International Round Table Conference
Friday 20th of May 2016
Preceding the European Championships for Wind Orchestras (ECWO) that will take place on the 21st of May, hosted by the ECWO and KNMO in TivoliVredenburg, there will be an international conference on the 20th of May. The conference is a collaboration between KNMO, ECWO and WASBE (World Association for Symphonic Bands and Ensembles). The conference is in anticipation of the WASBE International Conference that will take place in Utrecht on the 18th until the 22nd of July 2017.
The theme of the round table conference 2016 is music education for primary school children. There will be introductions by Bill Connor (B, VK), Karl Ole Midtb? (Musikkorps, Noorwegen), Jan Matthys (VLAMO, Belgi?) and Arend Nijhuis (Cultuurmijoost, Nederland). In addition, there will be a presentation about the integration programme of the Norwegian government: “How does one start the integration process in these times of many refugees in Europe?”. The conference will close with a performance by the C-orchestra of Harmonie Orkest Vleuten (conducted by Christiaan van der Weij) and the launch of the new website “Instrumental Library”. The C-orchestra is following the education project for primary schools “More Music in the Classroom”? backed by Queen Maxima. After the conference, the official opening of the ECWO2016 will take place.
- 13.30? Opening
- 13.40? 4 speakers about music education for youths
- 14.30 Break
- 14.45 Discussion in groups
- 15.30 Full report and conclusions of the round table conference
- 15.45 Preview of Utrecht 2017 IRTC (WASBE)
- 16.00 Presentation Intergration programme Norway
- 16.15 Break
- 16.30 Concert & launch of newwebsite “Instrumental Library”
- 17.00 End of conference & start official opening reception ECWO2016