Symphonic Wind Band - International Competition for Conductors
To be held on March 16th through the 18th 2012 Paris-Ville d'Avray.
With the participation of the National Police Wind Band Orchestra Under the auspices of the French Music Confederation (CMF), President: Jean-Jacques BRODBECK
1st round (16 march, One of the following pieces is to be conducted with Orchestra. The piece will be chosen for the Contestant by drawing of lot)
- 1. Edgard Varose: Octandre (Edition revise 1980 et distribute par Hal Leonard)
- 2. Igor Stravinski: Symphonie d'instruments - vent (Edition Boosey et Hawkes)
- 3. Bernd Alois Zimmermann: Reinische Kirmestenze (Edition Schott Con. 176)
Finale: (Three finalists will be chosen to conduct for one hour the Wind Band on March 17. The Winner will then conduct the Wind Band on the March 18th concert)
- 1. Paul Hindemith: Symphonie en sib (Edition Schott SHS 1009)
- 2. Richard Dubugnon: Variations franglaises op 19.b (Edition Peters)
- 3. Jean-Louis PETIT: Etude pour orchestre d'harmonie (Edition Armiane)
Sheet music for the Ville d'Avray/Paris International Conductor's Symphonic Wind Band Competition can be purchased at:
Editions FORTIN, 16 rue Ganneron, F - 75018 PARIS.
Tel: +33 1 48 74 28 21
FAX: + 33 1 40 23 98 67
Jury: Jorome HILAIRE, Philippe Ferro, Jean-Louis PETIT
- 1. The competition is open to all conductor's of any nationality without age limit.
- 2. The first round will be held on 16 March 2012 and the finals will be on 18 march 2012 at 5 pm. The final round is open to the public.
- 3. The competition registration fee is 50 euros.
- 4. The Contestants will be notified as to what time they will compete in the first round. Contestants names will be randomly drawn on 1 march 2012 the scheduled according to the order in which they were drawn. Deadline of sending back the application form: 1 march 2012.
- 5. The juries decisions cannot be appealed. The Jury reserves the right to interrupt candidate when necessary.
FESTIVAL DE MUSIQUE FRANCAISE attn: Jean-Louis PETIT 34 Avenue Bugeaud F-75116 PARIS t
Tel: (33.8).77 11 14 57